Friday 9 May 2014

A week in the life of a Governor





Last week was a particularly busy one in school for me. On the Tuesday I attended a meeting with the staff with Jim Findlay, vice chairman, to talk to the them about well-being. As Governors we are keen to know if there are any issues that are affecting their ability to do their job and if we can do anything to help resolve these issues. The staff were very open with us and we were able to make a few recommendations to the Head about improvements that could be made.

I also attended two Governor sub-Committee meetings in eight days – Curriculum and Resources. I try to attend these (though as Chair of the Full Governing Body I don’t have to) because it’s a great way of meeting a group of governors and of keeping up to date with what’s going on. I am always impressed by the care and attention to detail that these meetings take in ensuring that the children receive the best education we can provide. So my week was a very rewarding one that reminded me yet again how valuable our staff and governors are to this fine school.

Roy Bexon
Chair of Governors

No comments:

Post a Comment